See the article here to Add a New VDR Guest.
VDR Guests must be granted Process, Project, and Task Permissions. Skip to the end of this article for the Task Permissions table.
- View Process Groups and their Members under Settings > Permissions.
- If the VDR User is NOT in any Group found here, go to the VDR User's profile and add the User to a general Process Users Group with MEMBER rights. This gives them access to a specific Process.
- IMPORTANT: If they have Process Admin rights here, they will be able to see every Project in that Processes' Pipeline. Be sure that they only have Member rights.
- Alternatively, you could give the VDR Guest Process Access by adding them to a Workspace Group (managed under Users > Groups) that the VDR User is part, of under Process Settings > Permissions, again with Member rights.
- Note: Because VDR Guests are typically temporary Users, it's best to add them to general member Process Group and then later a Project Specific Group.
- Note that you can NOT add Project-Specific Groups to a Process under Process Settings.
- From the Pipeline or Grid View navigate to the Project's Permission tab, you can create a Project Specific Group and add the Users.
- Alternatively you could grant access to an existing Workspace Group that the VDR User is part of.
- To make Permissions easier to manage, it is recommended that you create a separate Project Specific Group for VDR Guests.
- Note: VDR Guests can be in the same Groups as other Users, but, because VDR Guests have a different user interface, their Task Permissions give them different kinds of Task access.
- Navigate to the Tasks view by clicking Tasks in the top right corner of the Project view, OR click on the Tasks icon on the Project card.
- Select the Task Section that the VDR Guest should have access to, and then click the person/lock icon to open permissions.
- Give VDR Guests: Read, Edit, or Admin rights. Details below.
Root level permissions allow you to set Permissions for the first level of Tasks and EVERY Task underneath. VDR Guests typically have their permission set in the task view for this reason.