A set up video is also attached.
- Make sure you have Microsoft PowerBI Desktop installed.
- Download the attached MidaxoPipeline.mez file. This is the actual connector.
- Save the file in the following folder: [Documents]\Power BI Desktop\Custom Connectors\ . Most likely this directory does not exist, so create it:
- In your Documents folder (under your home directory), create a directory called exactly Power BI Desktop .
- In the just created Power BI Desktop folder, create a directory called exactly Custom Connectors.
- Open PowerBI Desktop.
- Since this is still in Beta, you need to allow PowerBI to use uncertified plugins:
- Go to: File > Options and settings > Options > Security > Data Extensions and choose "Allow any extension to load..."
- Click Get Data from the toolbar, and search for Midaxo Pipeline (Beta).
- Choose the “eu-prod” environment for customers in EMEA or “us-prod” for US customers.
- Fill in the Connection Alias with a name for your data. This alias is used to differentiate between workspaces. We suggest naming the alias the same as the workspace if you have more than 1 workspace in Midaxo. Otherwise, it can have a general alias such as the name of your company.
- Only fill in the "SSO organization name" field if you are an SSO user. Here you can add the addition from your SSO log in link: if the SSO link was https://companyname.app-eu.midaxo.com/ then "companyname" should be filled in here.
- When the connector requests you to log in, use the same credentials you use for your Midaxo user account.
- Choose which elements you want to load (projects, activities, tasks, and/or issues) and from which processes in the dropdown menu.
- Do I need to install the connector on the computers of everybody on my team?
- The connector only needs to be setup on the computer of the team members who will create reports in Power BI or who will refresh the data of the Power BI reports.
- Why doesn’t The Midaxo Pipeline (Beta) connector show up when I search for it in Get Data?
- A spelling mistake in the 2 folder names (Power BI Desktop and Custom Connectors) or changing the name of the connector file (MidaxoPipeline.mez) can cause this.
- How do I know if I should pick “eu-prod” or “us-prod”?
- Log in on your Midaxo+ account on the browser. You should use “eu-prod” if the url is www.app-eu.midaxo.com and “us-prod” if the url is www.app-us.midaxo.com
- Does the connector load the Midaxo data based on the user permissions set up in the platform?
- Yes. However, the permissions received from Project Specific Groups will not flow through the connector.
- How do I change the log in details?
- In Power BI Desktop, go to File > Options and settings > Data source settings. Choose the correct environment you want to change the log in details for and press Edit Permissions -> Edit -> Sign in as different user. Use the new log in details and press Save.
- Why do I get an error for some the data sets like Tasks?
- Power BI will give errors if there is no data in the data set (e.g. there are no tasks in Midaxo for this account). Delete the data set or create a task in Midaxo to avoid this error.