** If you are a VDR Guest user, this is the correct Guide for you **
Step 1. Logging In
When you have been added into the Midaxo Virtual Data Room (VDR) you will receive a 'Welcome to Midaxo' email.
This email will prompt you to create a password and provide you with the appropriate URL you should use to log in. Bookmark this URL.
Once logged in, you will see your Data Room(s).
Should you need to reset your password, come back to the main log in page and click on Forgot Password.
Step 2. Navigating the VDR / Data Room
From your main Data Rooms page, if you see multiple Data Room projects listed, this means you have been assigned to more than one Project within the same Company/ Organization.
If you are working with more than one company and they are also utilizing the Midaxo Data Room, you can use the same login and simply toggle between the Companies/ Organizations.
To do this, click on the Midaxo X in the upper left corner.
Select the desired Workspace.
When you click into the appropriate project, you will a list of Tasks
Each Task heading (parent level) will typically have a list of subtasks underneath (child). Click on the arrow to the list of the Task name to expand the task view.
Step 3. Uploading and Downloading Documents
In the lists of tasks, click on the line item where you'd like to add the document.
Documents can be uploaded individually, as part of a folder structure, or you can drag and drop documents into the Documents section:
- If you upload an unzipped folder, the documents will be added, but the folder structure will not.
- Documents can be previewed in Midaxo without having to be downloaded.
- If you upload a zipped folder, only the folder name will appear in the Documents section.
- To view the files in the zipped folder, you must download the folder first.
When looking at the Task list, a paperclip icon means the task contains documents.
Download documents one task at a time by clicking into the task lines individually
Download all tasks within a section at once by clicking in the parent level Task task, click Download and select Task and sub-task documents
Please Note: You can Download Task and subtask documents from any level, but it will only download the documents from that point down, section by section.
Step 4. Search and Export Options
Search for tasks by Name, Documents, or Document Content
There are 3 export options within the VDR:
1. Task Tree : An indexed list of task items and their corresponding status
2. Project Index: An indexed list of task items and their respective file names
3. Data Room: Files of all tasks, and indexed list of task items and their respective files names
Step 5. Working within the Task Tree
From left to right, lets review the Task Overview:
- Status: This is the current Status of the Task.
- Before you begin working on a task, it will reflect "Not Started'
- Once information or documents are added to the task, the status will automatically change to 'In Progress'
- When the task is completed, click on the current Status and change to to 'Ready for Review'
- If the contact tagged as the Responsible requires more information, they will change the status to Further Action Required.
Responsible: This is the internal contact assigned to the Task.
- If you utilize the Q&A tab, this is the contact you will be communicating with.
- Start Date: The date in which the task is be started by
- Due Date: The date in which the task is due
- Summary: brief explanation of what the task entails
Inside each task, you will find these additional sections:
- Notes & Comments: This section is used for discussion, timeline of action or other details
- Guide: Instructions or clarification related to the specific task and actions needed
- Documents: Contains documents needed for completion; where documents are added for review
Q&A: Quickly and easily communicate with the VDR users and guests
- Toggle on the "Include sub-task comments" to see comments for an entire section.
- Each comment posted in the Q&A section has visibility controls which can be set by the author:
- Visible to all: Visible to all Users with access to the Task.
- Visible to non-VDR users: Visible to the author, and to all non-VDR users with access to the VDR and Task in question.
- Hidden: Visible to the author and Admins. (Default)
Please Note: Admins (one of several non-VDR User roles) can see ALL comments, regardless of the visibility controls set.
Step 6: Customizing Your Task Email Notifications and Visibility
Under User Profile Settings, you can set your Email Notification preferences as well as your task tree visual preferences.
To Access these settings, click on your initials in the upper right corner > select User Profile Settings
Toggle on the Task Email Notifications you want to receive, toggle off those you don't.
When toggled on, choose your frequency preferences on the right.
Under Visual Preferences, toggle on Display indexes on Task tree if you would like to see a numbered index from the overview section. The numbers are the same for the VDR Owner and can be helpful to reference in communications.
Step 7: Task Dashboard
The Task Dashboard provides a clear overview of task progress. To access the Task Dashboard, click on this icon in the upper right corner:
Easily see where the tasks are in comparison to completion, as well as all Statuses.
Click into different fields to create visual filters.
Click on 'Clear Filters' to remove all clicked filters.
Step 8: We're Here to Help!
At any time, click the Help button in the upper right corner. In here, you have full access to the Knowledge Base and can contact Midaxo Support.
For technical issues, reach out to Support@Midaxo.com directly.