What are Midaxo Widgets?
Midaxo Widgets give a bird’s eye view of your deal portfolio and enables simple pipeline reporting. You can report on any data that is found on the cover page. Since the cover page fields are fully configurable, only widgets can be created across a large spectrum of information.
Why do I need it?
Different target groups need different kinds of widgets. While corporate top management concentrates on how the company is executing its growth strategy, business units and operative management can have their own, focused widgets. Midaxo Widgets are fully integrated with the permission management system, so every user’s widgets are composed only of the projects they have access to.
Typical Reporting Levels
- Pre-configured reports for company wide KPIs
- Ad-hoc reports for analytics and drill-down to find root causes
- Can include rolling-up regional reports
Business Unit & Region
- Pre-configured reports for BU/Region specific KPIs
- Ad-hoc reports for analytics and drill-down causes
- Team specific summaries and KPIs
- Very detailed – deal names, project managers, project issues and risks, project specific status and much more
How do I use Midaxo Widgets?
Switch to the widgets section by clicking “Widgets” from the main navigation toolbar. Using Midaxo Widgets is user intuitive, but it is dependent on the configuration and data found on the cover page fields. To get started, simply follow the steps below:
- Click ”+Widget” to create a report.
- Give the widget a brief title.
- Follow the on-screen fields to generate the report that you are looking for
- Once done, click ”Next”
- Select the “Chart Type” and “X-Axis”
Export to Excel
You are able to export the Widgets at any given time. The export is done in Excel format and will have the same graphs as shown in Midaxo. In addition to the graphs, the raw data sets can also be exported and shown as a separate tab in the Excel spreadsheet.
Use case scenarios:
Overall M&A Portfolio
Widgets can be used to maintain a big picture of what is on the pipeline and how it matches growth targets, i.e.:
- Aggregate value, revenue and headcount of acquisition prospects, ongoing deals and completed acquisitions
- Segmentation of the deals by business unit, market, region, product line, etc.
Understand Pipeline Metrics
Widgets to understand current and future prospects on the pipeline, i.e.:
- Number of new and closed deals by month to determine pipeline growth
- Amount of revenue, headcount, etc. on the pipeline
- Average time to completion of stages or the whole M&A process
Benchmark Deals, Business Units, Regions, and More
Widgets to see the relative performance of different business units or valuation levels in different regions, i.e.:
- EV/EBITDA by region or business unit
- Aggregate value of deals and prospects by target market
- Valuation comparison between similar deals
Resources Allocation and Project Activity
- Number of deals each deal manager or business unit is working on
- Projects that are idling with no recent activity