he template that should be used to import tasks from Excel is available for download.
Project Admins, Process Admins, and Task Admins can import tasks using the Import from Excel option.
Midaxo provides you with several ways to import a task structure into a project. If you have your tasks already listed in plain text or in an Excel file, follow the steps below. (Alternatively, you can also import a task structure with guidance included using the Import from Word option or import tasks from another project or template as well). To import tasks from Excel, you will need to need to structure them to match Midaxo's template. The template that should be used to import tasks from Excel is available for download at the bottom of this page. Fields that can be imported are as follows:
- Task Hierarchy/Structure
- Task Title
- Task Status
- Due Date
- Start Date
- Summary Column
- Deal Notes / Goals
Template details (see below for example):
- Each row will be imported as a task
- The first row will be treated as headings or task details (e.g. start date, status, etc.)
- The first column will be the task hierarchy for the tasks (e.g. 1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.)
Once you've formatted your task list, follow these steps to import your task list:
- Go to the project’s Tasks view.
- Click Import and choose Import from Excel
Select the Excel file that is to be imported
- Midaxo will upload and validate the file
- Begin mapping the columns appropriately. The first row of an Excel is always treated as header and will be automatically excluded from tasks to be imported. The first column is automatically mapped as the task hierarchy. The blue headings are your Excel headers and the drop-down menu will allow you to map the header to the appropriate task detail. If there are any errors or invalid data, the row will highlight red. Note: Only the first 10 rows will display.
- When you are satisfied with the task mapping, click the Preview button to see what the tasks will look like after import. If something needs to be adjusted, click the Back button and remap your columns.
- Click the Import button to finish importing the tasks.
Note: You can choose which data you want to import. At a minimum, you need to add a task hierarchy and task name. All other data is optional.