Midaxo users who are running Windows 7 on their PC may see a "Sorry we couldn't open..." error when opening Office documents from Midaxo. This is because Windows 7 doesn't natively support the protocols required for browser Office integration to work. Microsoft has provided an “easy fix”* to manually enable these protocols in Windows 7. Upgrading to Windows 10 should also resolve this issue.
If you see some other error, please contact Midaxo support.
Easy fix for Windows 7 users
If you encounter the "Sorry we couldn't open..." error on Windows 7, please try the following:
- Download and install the “easy fix”* provided by Microsoft here: https://aka.ms/easyfix51044
- Reboot your PC after installation
- Test the update by opening an Office document from within Midaxo
* The easy fix provided by Microsoft will enable TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 as a default secure protocols in WinHTTP in Windows. Read more >>
Additional steps, if needed
If you still encounter the error after following the steps above, please also complete these additional steps.
- Clear cache from Microsoft Office Upload center.
- Open settings by right clicking the Microsot Office Upload center icon from tray bar.
2. Choose “Settings”
3. Choose “Delete cached files
4. Choose “Delete cached information”
5. Choose “Delete cached information”
2. Clear cache from IE browser
- Open File Explorer and write this location to navigation bar ‘Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Internet Options’
2. Choose “Settings” under Browsing history section
3. Click “View files” button
4. Delete all files from the folder which was opened by “View files”
If the issue continues to persist after following the steps above, please contact Midaxo support.