Process admins can create and edit groups.
Process and project admins can add groups to projects and configure group permissions.
Process admins can add groups to Analytics dashboards.
Groups make it easy to apply the same permissions profile to many users at once.
- Groups can be added to a project member list instead of adding all users individually.
- Task permissions can be configured for groups instead of configuring them for all users individually.
- Groups can be granted access to Analytics dashboards instead of granting access to individuals.
Any users added to a group will automatically inherit the permissions of the group. This saves time and helps to ensure that users have the appropriate permissions.
Creating a Group and Adding Members:
To create a new group and assign members a process admin should:
- Navigate to the “Users” tab from the top navigation bar inside Midaxo.
- Click on “Groups” to see the group permissions page.
- Click on “+Groups” to create the group and name it. Select “Create new group” when finished.
The screenshot below illustrates that the new group titled “Target Team” was created:
The next step is to add users to the group. To do so follow the steps below:
- Click on “+User” on the right-hand side.
- Select the users that you want to add to this group and click “Save”.
Adding a group to a project
Now that a group has been created and users have been added, it is time to assign the group to a project.
To assign a group to a project, simply go to any project and add the group from the “Project Team” tab.
When a group is added to a project, the group will inherent the permissions from the “All users + groups” column. See below.
The process admin can review to which projects each Group has been added by opening USERS > Groups and select the Group.
Configuring group permissions
By default, the group will inherit the permissions from the “All users + groups” column in the Permissions view. However, you can configure the permissions for each group at the task level in the same way that you
Configuring permissions for an individual group member
If you need to configure permissions for someone that is already a member of a group, follow these steps:
- Assign the individual user to your project from the “Project Team” view under the “Overview” tab
- Open the Permissions and adjust the permissions for the individual as needed.
Note: Individual permissions always overrule Group Permissions.
Example: Mike is a member of the Legal user group. His individual permissions for the first two task groups will override the permissions granted to the group. Mike has Admin rights for Initial Target evaluation and No Access for Transaction/purchase phase.