When establishing dependencies between tasks directly from the Task Info section, it can be difficult to locate a predecessor or successor task from the task name drop-down that appears.
What do you need to do:
- Add a link between two tasks using the “Schedule” View
What’s the best way to do it:
- Access the Project’s Tasks view, then click the “Schedule” tab (furthest-right option over the task info section
- In the example below, we’ll look to set the Acquisition Profile task as a predecessor to the Strategic Fit task
- First, hover over the date-span bar (showing green here) in the Gannt area of the Acquisition Profile (predecessor) task, and click the Chain icon
- Next click on the date-span bar of the Strategic Fit (successor) task. Note that before clicking on the bar you’ll see the directional icon when hovering over it.
- After a moment, the dependency will appear as a blue line between tasks, or a red line if the dates are in conflict (broken dependency)
- To delete an incorrect dependency, simply click on the line between the tasks, and click “Confirm” to remove it