- Hidden stages are set up in the pipeline stage editor. You can create a new stage, or drag and drop an existing one from Active to Hidden.
- When a stage is hidden, the stage and any projects in it will not be visible in the pipeline view. However, all projects will still be present in the Data tab and Projects view, and included in Analytics reports unless the stage is filtered out.
- Potential use cases: Hidden stages can be useful for very early preliminary targets in the pipeline that should be counted in totals and included in reports, but aren’t ready for full consideration. A hidden stage can also serve as a “parking lot” for deals that are currently on hold or have been rejected. Finally, it can be used at the end of the process to keep records of completed deals for future reference.
- The archive is a separate section for projects within the Data tab where deals can be stored outside the pipeline.
- To archive a project, select the Archive button from the Overview page and then enter any archival notes.
- Potential use cases: Archiving a project can be useful if a deal has been passed on and you want to maintain a record of it outside the active pipeline. The archive is also a great repository for completed deals, as they can then be referenced at any time.