As a Deal+ user, you can use Midaxo's task management functionality to manage your daily work. The two most common use cases are Due Diligence and Integration, but you can expand this to match your own project management activity.
To get started with using tasks, select the project of your choice and press the 'Tasks' button to the upper right corner.
This will open the task overview. In the task overview, you can use one of three ways to import tasks into a project:
- Import from your own excel file;
- Use our best practice template for Due Diligence or
- Add tasks one by one, using the +Tasks button.
You can click any task to open it to the right of your screen, the same way as projects open in the pipeline view.
- The task status can be one of several options. Our best practices recommend:
- use Not started, In progress, Delayed, Postponed and Completed regularly to show the current status;
- use Ready for review, In progress and Further action required and Completed during Due Diligence to communicate to third parties via the VDR;
- use ignored to identify tasks that can be skipped.
- Due date is a date field.
- The Responsibles field allows you to choose one of the contacts already in Midaxo, or immediately create a new one. You can have more than one Responsible.
- Use the Summary field for a brief explanation on what the task is about.
- Use the Notes & comments section for discussion, timeline of actions or other details.
- Add documents to each task just like you would in a project. Please see the VDR / Due diligence use cases for more in-depth examples.
- Tasks also allow admins to write a Guide, offering instruction or clarification regarding what needs to be performed.
The right side pane allows you to access Q&A, the Activity log and the User Permissions at task level.
You can directly edit tasks in the tasks overview.
- use the arrow to the left of your task to roll subtasks up or down;
- reorder tasks by dragging;
- rename tasks by pressing the pencil icon;
- add another task at the same level as current by pressing the + button next to the pencil;
- delete a task by pressing the trash can;
- directly change the Status, Responsible, Due Date or Summary fields.
In addition, from the Tasks overview you can access the following:
- green +Task button to add another task at root level;
- Search tasks or document titles (clarification: does not search through document contents);
- Export the project task tree, Index or Data Room;
- Import additional tasks from an excel file;
- Switch to the Gantt chart view;
- Switch to the Dashboard view;
- Switch to Root Level Permissions view
You can go back to the project view by pressing the project name in the top left of your screen.